Saturday, September 1, 2012

What to Wear Where

It's tricky when you're trying to look casual and outdoorsy without looking like you're going to be taking a hike. This weekend I'm going up to the mountains with my family for lunch and a look around in the national parks nearby. No hiking, just some sightseeing from the car and path. But I still want to look cute, just not overdone. So this got me thinking, what am I going to wear? 

Starting out with the basic jeans and a tee concept would be perfect, because that is the one outfit everyone sees as being casual. But a plain fitted tee and bootcut or straight leg jean isn't going to cut it; you wouldn't catch me dead in that. So I've come up with a different interpretation of jeans and a tee. A loose fitting deep scoop neck tee is both comfortable and a lot cuter. Choose one in a crisp white and you're top is done. Pair that top with a boyfriend jean in a dark distressed wash and cuff them at the bottom for a more tailored look. So far the top and bottom are pretty plain, but the attention to the details of the items are what make it more stylish. But you can't leave the house without some jewelry. I'd suggest adding a colorful necklace and an assortment of bracelets to add some texture. Also, don't forget your sunglasses! Finish off the look with a pair of striped t-strap sandals and you're looking casual and cute!

Hope this helps you when you're deciding what to wear where.


No comments:

Post a Comment